Welcome to the In re Nexus 6P Products Liability Litigation Settlement Website
NOTICE OF PROPOSED CLASS ACTION SETTLEMENT
UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE NORTHERN DISTRICT OF CALIFORNIA
If You Bought a Nexus 6P Smartphone, You May Get a Payment from a Class Action Settlement
- If you are in the United States and bought a Nexus 6P smartphone, other than for resale, you may be eligible to get a payment from a class action settlement.
- The lawsuit at issue concerns Nexus 6P smartphones. Plaintiffs allege that the Nexus 6P has a defect that can cause two different issues: “bootloop” and “battery drain.” “Bootloop” is when a Nexus 6P allegedly begins randomly rebooting, and in some instances fails permanently in an endless bootloop cycle, where the phone constantly reboots without ever advancing to the home screen, and in some instances, may stop booting altogether. “Battery drain” is when a Nexus 6P allegedly has a noticeable decrease in battery life or shuts off suddenly, even when its battery life icon shows that it is charged.
- The defendants in the case, Huawei Device USA, Inc. and Google LLC, deny these allegations but have agreed to pay $9.75 million to settle the case.
- You can also opt out of or object to the Settlement.
|SUMMARY OF YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS AND OPTIONS||Deadline|
|SUBMIT A CLAIM FORM||The only way to get a payment.||9/3/19|
|EXCLUDE YOURSELF||Get no payment. This is the only option that allows you to keep your right to bring any other lawsuit against Huawei Device USA, Inc. or Google LLC for claims related to this case.||9/3/19|
|COMMENT ON OR OBJECT TO THE SETTLMENT AND/OR ATTEND A HEARING||You can write to the Court about why you like or do not like the Settlement. You can’t ask the Court to order a larger settlement. You can also ask to speak to the Court at the hearing on October 10, 2019 about the fairness of the Settlement, with or without your own attorney.||9/3/19|
|DO NOTHING||Get no payment. Give up rights.||No Deadline|
- After holding a hearing, the Court granted Final Approval of the Settlement on November 12, 2019. Final distribution will be made to valid Claimants no later than February 21, 2020. A residual distribution was sent out to some claimants on June 25, 2021.